St. Michael School Preschool is a state-licensed preschool for children 3- and 4-years-old. Our preschool provides students with the necessary skills to excel in Kindergarten and beyond through a faith-centered educational environment.
St. Michael Preschool Objectives
Preschool in a Christian Environment
Preschool students are exposed to the Catholic faith through teaching and attendance at our weekly school Mass. Preschool students are assigned a "buddy" from the 8th grade class during these services and throughout the year to further enhance the spirit of working and learning together in a Christian environment.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
8:00 AM - 2:50 PM
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Drop-Off / Pick-Up Times
Students may be dropped off as early as 7:20 AM. The preschool driveway closes at 7:50 AM. After this time, you must enter through the front gate at the front parking lot.
In the afternoon the driveway will open by 2:20 PM and close by 2:50 PM (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) and 1:00 PM on Wednesdays.
Any child still in school after these times will be sent to the After Care Program.
AGE ELIGIBILITY FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- 3-Year-Old Classes: Children who were born in 2015.
- 4-Year-Old Classes: Children who were born in 2014.
THE IDEAL SKILL SETS FOR OUR ST. MICHAEL PRESCHOOL PROGRAM:
- Fully potty-trained - must be able to use the restroom independently without incident
- Able to dress/undress self
- Able to feed self with fork/spoon and drink from a cup
- Independently mobile
- Able to understand and follow simple one-step directions
- Able to separate from parents/primary caregiver with minimal disruption
- Able to demonstrate safe behaviors which do not pose a direct threat to self and others
- Able to demonstrate appropriate behavior towards other children and adults
- Beginning to demonstrate kindness and empathy towards others
- Able to communicate clearly with classmates, teachers, administrators and others as needed