St. Michael School is a member of the Catholic School League. Students from grades 5-8 may participate in the following sports: volleyball, basketball, and track/field. Students must adhere to the following conditions to be able to participate:
1. The student must have the Catholic School League waiver form completed prior to the beginning of the first practice of that particular sport by a parent/ guardian.
2. The student must have a current physical that has been completed within a year of his/her participation.
3. A student who does not maintain a “C” average or better during the quarter will be placed on academic probation. During academic probation the student must pass tests/quizzes with a “C” or better, complete all homework assignments, and raise the subject area grade. The teacher(s) will evaluate the student’s progress at the end of each week throughout the duration of the sport.
4. Students wishing to participate in a sport and carries a “D” average on his last report card in any of the major subjects will automatically be placed on academic probation as stated in #3.
5. If a student carries an “F” in any of the major subjects in the previous quarter report card will automatically be ineligible to participate in the sport.
6. Any student disgracing the school at home, a visiting site or in the bus will be reported to the principal for disciplinary action.